Hi,
For the curious, here's what votes will be needed and what's binding
in them.  It may seem like a long road, but don't be discouraged: for
a project like Solr, there's largely consensus so these votes are
quick and painless.

First, the Solr PPMC must approve the graduation request.  In this
vote, Solr PPMC members' votes are binding.  Unless I'm mistaken,
right now all Solr committers are also PPMC members, or close to it.

Next, the adopting PMC (in this case Lucene) must vote to accept Solr.
In that vote, only Lucene PMC members' votes are binding; you can see
those people at http://lucene.apache.org/who.html#Lucene+PMC .

Finally, after the Lucene PMC approves, we ask the Incubator PMC.  In
that vote, Incubator only PMC members' votes are binding.  You can see
that list of people at http://incubator.apache.org/whoweare.html .

You will note at least several people (such as Yonik and Erik Hatcher)
will have binding votes in more than one of the above votes.  That's
fine, it's even expected, e.g. from mentors.  They can wear multiple
hats without (hopefully) acquiring some clinical disease.

Yoav

On 1/4/07, Bill Au <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
+1 on going for graduation.

Bill