Acctually, i have to amend that ... it occured to me in my slep last night
that calling HttpServletRequest.getInputStream() wasn't safe unless we
*now* the Requestparser wasnts it, and will close it if it's non-null, so
the API for preProcess would need to look more like this...

     interface Pointer<T> {
       T get();
     }
     interface RequestParser {
       /** the will be passed a "Pointer" to the raw input stream from the
        * HttpServletRequest, ... if this method accesses the IputStream
        * from the pointer, it is required to close it if it is non-null.
        */
       public Iterable<ContentStream> preProcess(SolrParam headers,
                                                 Pointer<InputStream> s);
     }

-Hoss