: And the default is OR, so we could explicitly set OR in the DMQP
: constructor and rest assured there was no side-effect.  Cool?

For DMQP yes -- not for any other plugin writers who have been using
SolrQueryParser up to now.

: Let's not overplan for the future... we already are aware that we'll
: want to have pluggable query parsers at the request parameter level,
: and have these switches configurable there.

i agree overplaning is bad ... i just want to ensure any current users of
"new SolrQueryParser" aren't suprised to find the behavior changing out
from under them -- any future changes for more pluggable query parsers
will probably affect the existing RequestHandlers -- but the role of
SolrQueryParser as a simple subclass of Lucene's QueryParser that knows
about field types should generally remain true for a long time.

: Yeah, that looks good.  A fair bit more tinkering than I envisioned,
: though it looks great.

I'll go ahead and commit (the really nice thing is that it makes more
schema configured query parser options easier to implement because they
won't require a log of public accessors on the IndexSchema).

-Hoss