On Feb 24, 2007, at 11:43 AM, Gmail Account wrote:
I guess I was more interested in the tagging part more than anything. I was thinking that Collex was using tagging from Flare and I wanted to see how it was being done or use it. I'm about to try implementing tagging with my non-Ruby (.NET) application that uses Solr.

As for tagging, it's not as simple as just adding tags to Solr. A tag (generally) belongs to a user, so where does the user name come from? Solr can't be responsible for that, though it would clearly become a field that you'd want in Solr.

As for Collex and Flare. Flare is a distillation of the _ideas_ in Collex, but currently the two share nothing, not even solr-ruby. The plan is to migrate pieces of Collex to Flare as we can.

        Erik