On 3/3/07, Chris Hostetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One thing about this commit threw me for a loop, i'm not understanding
the purpose/affect of this change, off the cuff it seeems like it's
changing an unexpected field (not in the schema) from being an error to
being treated as if it were plain text.   am i correct?  if so was this
intentionally part of the patch?  does it lead to any dangerous cases?

oops, sorry about that, this was part of something else.  I should
have been more careful.

For the 'luke' patch, i was looking at indexes that don't match the
schema.  Rather then throw an error, it just treats the field as a
text - while i think we should have errors while putting things into
the index, it is nice to be able to view any index with solr - even
when the contents don't match the schema.

good eye!

ryan