Thanks J.J., I just committed the fix.
sortMissing* was added later and was simply missed for TextField.

-Yonik

On 6/21/07, J.J. Larrea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was wondering why my sortMissingLast=true directives started being
ignored for some of my fields.  It turns out it is because I switched
them from solr.StrField to solr.TextField in order to have them
analyzed (using KeywordTokenizer with PatternReplaceFilter to do
strip whitespace and punctuation); StrField defines getSortField as

        return getStringSort(field,reverse);

while TextField defines it as

        return new SortField(field.name,SortField.STRING, reverse);

The difference being that getStringSort returns a SortField which
respects sortMissingXXX by using a custom SortComparatorSource when
needed.

In my case a simple workaround is to go back to StrField but set
tokenized=true, making it effectively identical to TextField other
than sorting.

But noting that BCDIntField and its subclasses, BoolField, and all
the SortableXXField(s) call getStringSort rather than directly
creating a STRING SortField, I wonder whether TextField's not doing
so is a feature or a bug?

- J.J.