In the spirit of shared ownership, what do people think of getting rid
of @author tags (for committers or other dev people that consent?).
Other apache projects have done so, for a host of reasons.

- some people don't use author tags, hence credit is uneven
- author tags tend to only credit the original author, and not
everyone that works on the code after (or does code reviews, lends
ideas, etc, etc)
- we have CHANGES.txt to generally credit people (and it prob does a better job)

I've seen a better list of reasons elsewhere, but my main motivation
was that it didn't feel right having my name spashed all over code
that many other people are contributing to now.

Thoughts?

-Yonik

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /cygdrive/f/code/solr
$ find . -name \*.java | xargs grep '@author'| grep -i yonik | wc