: > maybe a regex version could be started later
:
: Don't hurry... I think that's moving in the wrong direction for good
performance ;-)
: http://www.nabble.com/NO_NORMS-and-TOKENIZED--tf3064721.html#a9047635

i'd completley forgotten about that thread (was it just Feb? it seems like
a year ago)  ... a regex based approach would certainly be slower then
the prefix/suffix mechanism we have now ... but i'm guessing for a lot of
use cases it would be fine -- it's also the kind of thing whee we could
document that they expressions are evaluated in order -- putting the onus
on teh schema creator to order them based on the likelyhood of matching.

-Hoss