I notice that in DUH2, everytime a new document is added, the searcher is
closed. I'm modifying DUH2 source code to enable a custom dedup process
which requires access to the index. Obviously, closing and opening the index
for every add/update are expensive. Therefore, I  temporarily comment out
closeSearcher() line in addDoc() method:

        if (rc == 1) {
          // adding document -- prep writer
          //closeSearcher();
          openWriter();
          tracker.addedDocument();
        } else {
          // exit prematurely
          return rc;
        }

Everything seems to be working so far. However, I haven't understood the
implication of doing this. Any explanation?

Thanks,

Regards,
Cuong Hoang