This isn't a problem in Lucene or Solr. It is a result of the analyzers
you have chosen to use. If you choose to remove stopwords, you will not
be able to match stopwords.

Stopword removal has benefits (smaller index, faster searches) and
drawbacks (missed matches, wrong matches). Solr and Lucene allow
you to decide.

Stopword removal is a reasonable default because it works fairly
well for a general text corpus.

wunder