Mike Klaas wrote:

> On 10-Apr-08, at 7:41 AM, khirb7 wrote:
>>
>> I have done deep search and I found that lucene provide this that
>> methode  :
>> getBestFragments
>> highlighter.getBestFragments(tokenStream, text, maxNumFragment,
>> "...");
>>
>> so with this methode we can precise to lucene to return
>> maxNumFragment
>> fragment (with highligted word)of fragsize characters, but there is no
>> maxFragSize parameter in solr. this would be useful in my case if I
>> want to
>> highlight not only the first occurrence of a searched word but up to 1
>> occurrence of the same word in the highlighted text.
>
> I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want the parameter to do.
>
> see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters
>
> use:
> hl.fragsize=<size> to set the desired fragment size, and
> hl.snippets=<number> to set the number of returned snippets/fragments.
>
> -Mike

thank you for your response,

I think that I wasn't enough clear in my last post, (I have already read
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters before asking my question
last time)this is what I want to do:
now solr give in response one fragment and  I know
hl.fragsize=<size> to set the desired fragment size, and
hl.snippets=<number> to set the number of returned snippets/fragments. but
hl.snippets is useful if we deal with multi-valuated field  (for instance
the feature field in the solr schema example) but in my case I have a single
field myText  which type is text   in each document so here
hl.snippets=<number>  has no sense, either used or not the highlighted
result is the same.

here is what I want to do.
lucene provide overloaded  methodes getBestFragment(....)  to return
fragments :
I think that solr classes use this methode
highlighter.getBestFragment(tokenStream, text)
which return one fragment containing the first occurence of the searched
wordhighlighted , but I dont want only the first occurrence but the N(2th or
3th.....) th one's
and I want to replace the previous methode by

String result =
    highlighter.getBestFragments(tokenStream, text, 5, "...");
here we have maxNumFragment=5  the the five best fragment
so I want to know and where I must modify in Solr to do that:
which class and how.
or in solrconfig.xml  but i found this difficult may be I have to create my
Handler

I am waitin your suggestion how to deal with that.