Hola,

I have not participated in this thread at all (lack of opinion due to lack of
significant experience/knowledge in this area), though I've read all messages.
But how about this idea:

- Let people change from JUL to whatever
- Observe solr-user reactions to the change after the 1.3 release
- If there are objections, problems, etc. consider going back to JUL or
improving logging in some new direction
- If all is cool, leave things as is and be happy

It's just software, after all - it's not like changing things will prevent us
from undoing them in the future.

Otis