There seems to be some sort of consensus building that there should be a 1.3 release in the near future. The first step is to figure out what we want to finish before it gets released.

The list of JIRA issues currently labeled 1.3 can be found here:

<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310230&fixfor=12312486 >

Let's try to get an assignee for every issue in that list by a week from now. If nobody steps up for an issue in that time, I'll assume it is low enough priority to move post-1.3. This would also be a good time to add any issues that you want to champion for 1.3.

(This isn't meant to be a final list, just something to help get us started. Most of the unassigned issues were reported by committers, so that should hopefully make it easy to figure out the assignee.)

-Mike