1) This is not tomcat specific
2) The other options we have are not as easy as this (at least for a
casual user). The most common means of deploying an app in tomcat is
dropping the war file in the webapps folder. And the most common place
to put in JNDI variables is web.xml
3) The documentation must be there in the wiki. Let us decide on where
to keep it.
--Noble