As someone who is completely ignorant (and admittedly, somewhat willfully so) of the java enterprise world, I was hoping that someone more savvy in the ways of maven would step in here. It is even unclear to me what having the project in a Maven repository means for people, or why it would be convenient.

Based on the link you sent, it seems that a few things are necessary for this to proceed, like a maven "project descriptor" for Solr (or is that already done?).

That said, I'm +1 on steps to better propagate Solr, even if I don't think that I am the best person to effectuate those steps.

-Mike