How do you all feel about exposing access to the commit/optimize callbacks in UpdateHandler? Perhaps adding the functions:
  void registerCommitCallback( SolrEventListener );
  void registerCommitCallback( SolrEventListener );
and/or maybe:
 Collection<SolrEventListener> getCommitCollbacks();
 Collection<SolrEventListener> getOptimizeCollbacks();

if the returned collection is modifiable, we could directly add to it.

Currently everything needs to be registered via solrconfig.xml -- but I would like an UpdateProcessor to be a commit/optimize callback.

Someday we could do this with spring...
  • programattically regis... Ryan McKinley