I'm not sure where I stand on waiting for Lucene 2.4. It's at least a month away in my mind anyway due to the number of issues on it and Lucene's built in 10-day code freeze. I think after this release of Solr, we will likely have a 1.3.1 release fairly soon to fix issues that arise. Of the 2.4 issues outstanding [1], none strike me as particularly troublesome to Solr, so being on something close to 2.4 seems OK to me. As Otis said, LUCENE-1333 would be nice to have.

Thus, I am leaning towards going ahead w/ Solr release in the very near future (looks like we have 4 outstanding issues [2]) w/ a Lucene that is as close to trunk/2.4 as we feel possible.

-Grant

[1] Lucene Issues
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310110&fixfor=12312681

[2] Solr Issues