check:

On Oct 20, 2008, at 6:56 PM, xibin wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Let's say that I have a location code field in the document. Say there are
2000 indexed documents that have various location codes. When a user
searches, she specifies her own location, as well as the maximum radius that she wants the distance to be, in addition to other search fields that she
may specify.

In order to satisfy this scenario, I am thinking about performing the search
using all the other fields normally, but use a distance to dynamically
filter out unwanted results. This way the distance calculation performs filtering, and the relevancy from other search fields does not change...

Let me know if this makes sense to you.

Thanks
Xibin

ryantxu wrote:

I don't quite follow what you are trying to do....
can you give a concrete example?

What is missing from the Filter side?

if you need to modify the lucene Query, a custom SearchComponent is
the way to go...