Hi,

I found out that the dependency on https://stax-utils.dev.java.net/
comes down to two places where BaseXMLInputFactory.newInstance() is called.

Is that intentionally or can those be replaced with
XMLInputFactory.newInstance()?

The method newInstance is not defined in BaseXMLInputFactory but in
XMLInputFactory which comes from the JDK in Java 6. I don't know about
Java 5, though.

If it's because of Java 5 can I prepare a patch for using reflection to
make the dependency on StAX Utils optional? The reason I'm asking is
because I'm about to submit Solr 1.3 for IP review to the Eclipse
Foundation because I want to use it in our Eclipse project. Lesser
dependencies would make it easier. :)

On a side note, is there a 1.3.1 release planned?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
[EMAIL PROTECTED]