Hi and greetings, this is my first post on that mailing list :) I'd like to add that functionnality. Right now, if i'm correct, when a shard crash (let's say I'm running 2 SOLR on a different port, and i'm shutting down one, but not the one I send the request to), everything stop.

So, i'd like to add something similar to the timeAllow introduced by Sean Timm ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-502 ) The basic idea, is to have a similar parameter but with a boolean instead of a long. (true if we want partial result, wrong otherwise and by default)

What do you all think ?