Hello,
I'm trying to find a decent approach for getting token positions out of (or is that into?) solr query results. Is the best approach to extend a QueryComponent and/or HighlightComponent? I'm new to solr, and still on fairly shaky ground soany pointers or suggestions are quite welcome.

   As a little BACKGROUND:
I am trying to migrate a custom lucene-only content anaylsys project to solr. The 'old' system programmatically runs a few thousand predefined queries against a corpus, and then analyzes the results. The lucene score is good, but the actual position of the hits is also quite important.

My previous system did a simple query parsing to create SpanQuerys, and then used a modified dumpSpans() to get the token position from the spans. Now I am trying to find how to use solr's goodness (and MemoryIndex approach?) to get the span positions in a more logical manner. I think the answer is in the highlighter, but I'm getting a little twisted around, and could use a pointer.

I am using a recent Solr nightly snapshot, grails, Aduna Aperture, and Intellij (if any of that matters)
Thanks,

Sean