+1 to remove this piece of code. I think it is confusing for someone new to solr to determine if you need to specify a qt or use a different uri.

Thanks,

Matt Weber
eSr Technologies
http://www.esr-technologies.com

On Jun 17, 2009, at 10:28 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

Why might this bit of code in SolrDispatchFilter be useful?

              if( qt != null && qt.startsWith( "/" ) ) {
throw new SolrException( SolrException.ErrorCode.BAD_REQUEST, "Invalid query type. Do not use /select to access: "+qt);
              }

I'd like it better if Solr could handle /solr/select?qt=/ whatever&param=value type of queries. But of course also handle it as /solr/whatever?param=value still.

Any objections to me removing the current restriction?

        Erik