On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Erik Hatcher<e...@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> Seems like just a dynamic "*" mapping would suffice in this case, but
> dynamic field pattern would be fine with me too.

Using "*" removes the ability to detect field-naming errors.
We should be able to allow both.

>> naming:
>> -  "fl" originally stood for "field list" in Solr, yet I see it being
>> used for single fields?
>> -  do we really need to proceed all param names with "ext."?
>
> Yeah, I've commented on the ext.ens.ive parameter names before too.  It's
> not pretty to have to flatten a set of parameters into a single namespace
> though.  hl.*, facet.*, v.* (for VelocityResponseWriter) etc.  But...

response writers and search components need to coexist with eachother
and it can be nice to both avoid collisions and tell at a glance what
component a parameter is targeted at... but it doesn't seem
particularly necessary for update handlers.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com