On Aug 9, 2009, at 10:29 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

I did some quick indexing performance tests right before and right
after the last lucene jar update - the results are not good... about
30% slower.
The test was an 80 MB text field, 100K documents, 6 short text fields
per document, with the solrconfig/schema from trunk copied to both
environments.

I imagine this has to do with the new TokenStream stuff in Lucene, and
how back compatibility is implemented (which I haven't followed, but
which many now involve reflection).  We've never cached tokenstreams
with everything that involves, but it may be that we will be forced to
do so to recover the performance loss.

Or bite the bullet and upgrade to the incrementToken() method. It likely isn't that bad, maybe a few hours of work.

Still, we should try to isolate down where exactly it is happening.