On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Chris
Hostetter<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:
> : Log:
> : add back timestamps to more example docs
>
> I'm confused ... why add NOW as a hardcoded value to all of these files?
> ... why not put 'default="NOW"' back into the schema.xml?  (that was the
> whole point of the timestamp field in the example)

It's part of having a fast example schema - it doesn't matter if the
example documents are slow, but it does matter if the example schema
is slow because it's doing stuff that others may not care about.

Someone should be able to use the new example schema as-is, with their
own dynamic fields or whatever, and get near-optimal performance.

If you think "NOW" is a bad date value for the exampledocs, we could
change them to specific dates, but I'd rather avoid any defaults in
the example schema.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com