Kelly,

We just had this problem. We implemented a custom SynonymFilterFactory that accessed a Spring context and from that a list of synonyms from the database via Hibernate. It was trivial to do and works quite well. Note that you have to extend BaseTokenFilterFactory; you cannot just extend SynonymFilterFactory.

Lajos

Kelly Taylor wrote:
I need the ability to remotely administer synonyms for each of my Solr
standalone instances. It seems that my only option is that of uploading a
file per instance, restarting the respective Solr instance(s), and then
rebuilding my indexes.
Can synonyms be defined in a multi-valued field or a database in place of a
file? Or can synonyms be administered in any way other than editing a file?
-Kelly