Also, Solr's DataImportHandler needs write to a .properties files in conf/

        Erik

On Dec 21, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

: @solr-dev: Could sbd. from upstream help us out with a working tomcat.policy
: for solr? For now I just granted all permissions to solr.

I'm not very familiar with tomcat security policy declarations, but in
general...

* solr needs read/write to whatever is configured to be the data dir(s)

* if you want support for persistant core admin changes, then solr needs read/write to the solr home dir, and the solr.xml file in that directory.

* solr needs read for the conf directory.

* if you want config file replication, then solr needs write access to
the conf directory (on slave machine)

...if it were me: i'd just use a full read/write policy for some top
level "solr" directory, and then keep everything in there, but it depends
on how "generic" you are devising the packages.

-Hoss