Here is a very rough list of what makes sense to me:
- since lucene is on a new major version, the next solr release
containing that sould have a new major version number
  - this does not preclude further releases on 1.x
  - for simplicity, and the "single dev" model, we should just sync
with lucene's... i.e. the next major Solr version would be 3.1
- branches/solr would become the new trunk, with a shared trunk with
lucene in some structure (see other thread)
- solr cloud branch gets merged in
- we move to Java6 (Java5 has already been EOLd by Sun unless you pay
money... and we need Java6 for zookeeper, scripting)
- remove deprecations (finally!), and perhaps some additional cleanups
that we've wanted to do

-Yonik