I agree, this is concerning. There is a similar situation with JCL in SOLR
1.4 (http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-dev@lucene.apache.org/msg13600.html).
With log4j-over-slf4j-X.Y.Z.jar in the .war file, whoever will need to
switch the logging system will have to make sure that an appropriate set of
*-over-slf4j and slf4j-* files is in the classpath.

So, it might make sense to change the last paragraph of
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging to something like this:

----
Users who want an alternate logging implementation (log4j, logback, jcl,
etc) will need to repackage the .war file and replace slf4j-jdk14-X.Y.Z.jar
with an alternate implementation. They should also remove
jcl-over-slf4j-X.Y.Z.jar if they are switching to JCL and
log4j-over-slf4j-X.Y.Z.jar if they are using cloud branch and switching to
log4j. Having both jcl-over-slf4j and slf4j-jcl.jar or log4j-over-slf4j.jar
and slf4j-log4j.jar in the classpath may result in an infinite loop.
----

There is already a link to slf4j site on the page. But, it might be also
useful to add a link directly to the page that describes SLF4J bridges:
http://www.slf4j.org/legacy.html

Igor