hkmortensen wrote:
I spend about two days last week to import lucene and solr in eclipse. I
would not call it easy at all. I took the test sources away completely (from
the source path).

I share and understand your pain.

I would like to help putting some useable project files for eclipse together
(including the test files ;-) ).
Why are classpath files generally not included in open source projects?

I do not have a good answer...

I cannot think any good reason why a .classpath and .project file for
Eclipse cannot be checked into the repository together with the sources.

However, if the project team is using a diverse variety of IDEs, it
makes less sense. But, these days, it's possible to generate IDE
configuration files via Maven and/or Ant+Ivy.

It would be interesting to know what the Lucene and Solr committers
normally use: Eclipse? IDEA? Emacs? Vi? ...?

Would they do any harm? I realise when you get experienced with the software
you want to make it slim to make text search faster. But for new people in a project it would be a lot nicer, I think.

+1

Is there any way of distribute work on the solr project? I would not like to
do a lot of effort to adapt to eclipse if somebody else does it the same
time

Paolo