hi.

so I finally managed to find a bit of time to get a SolR instance going, and now have some questions about it ;-)

first the application is tagging. ie.. to associate some keywords with a given item, and to show them on a particular object (you can see this in action here http://economy-chat.com/aggy/detail/andrew- leigh/ )

It user-based (ie individuals can tag a particular object themselves, and that get's merged into a global summary for that object) and it is also hierarchal, ie tagging a child implies you have also tagged the parent.

so.. my first question in schema.xml, can you have a composite key as the 'uniquekey' field, or do i need to do this on the client side?

2nd question.

can you have complex types which are multivalued?
I'd like to store something like
a tag-name with a corresponding tag-weighting.

can you do sum(*) type queries in lucene/solr? it is efficient ? or are you better having a 2nd index which has these sum(*) values in it and keep it up to date instead.

Thanks