Hi Sangraal:

Sorry--I tried not to imply that this might affect your issue.  You
may have to crank up the solr logging to determine where it is
freezing (and what might be happening).

It is certainly worth investigating why this occurs, but I wonder
about the advantages of using such huge batches.  Assuming a few
hundred bytes per document, 6100 docs produces a POST over 1MB in
size.

-Mike