On 9/11/06, Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sep 10, 2006, at 10:47 PM, Michael Imbeault wrote:
>  I'm still a little disappointed that I can't change the OR/AND
> parsing by just changing some parameter (like I can do for the
> number of results returned, for example); adding a OR between each
> word in the text i want to compare sounds suboptimal, but i'll
> probably do it that way; its a very minor nitpick, solr is awesome,
> as I said before.

I'm the one that added support for controlling the default operator
of Solr's query parser, and I hadn't considered the use case of
controlling that setting from a request parameter.  It should be easy
enough to add.  I'll take a look at adding that support and commit it
once I have it working.

What parameter name should be used for this?    do=[AND|OR] (for
default operator)?  We have df for default field.

Maybe something like q.op or q.oper if it *only* applies to q.  Which
begs the question... what *does* it apply to?  At first blush, it
doesn't seem like it should apply to other queries like fq, facet
queries, and esp queries defined in solrconfig.xml.  I think that
would be very surprising.

-Yonik