Sorry, I was not being exact with "store". Lucene has separate
control over whether the value of a field is stored and whether
it is indexed. The term "nurse" might be searchable, but the
only value that is stored in the index for retrieval is the
database key for each matching job.

It seems like text search should be easy to add to a transactional
database, but lots of smart people have tried to make that work
and failed. Maybe it is possible, but neither Oracle nor Microsoft
nor the open source community have been able to make it happen.
The text search in RDBMSs seems to always be slow and lame.

There is one product that does transactional query and text
search: MarkLogic. It does a good job of both, but it is very
XML-centric. It might be a good match, if you are into commercial
software. It is a rather different style of programming than
SQL or Lucene. You write XQuery to define the result XML with
the contents fetched from the database.

wunder (not affiliated with MarkLogic)