From: Wade Leftwich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:31:53 PM
Subject: Jetty for production?

Hi,

I just posted a question about configuring Tomcat's SecurityManager for
SOLR, but then got to wondering if I might not be asking the wrong question.

If the only servlet I intend to run on my production server is SOLR,
then why not use Jetty? Does anyone on the list have experience using
Jetty in production? We're a python-perl-and-php shop, and do not plan
to get any further into Java than we have to. (SOLR is good enough to
overcome our anti-Java bias.)

Any observations or advice appreciated.

Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY