At 03:18 PM 11/21/2006, Hoss wrote:

It would would be really cool is if you could say something like...

        field:[low TO high]^0  other clauses XXX^0

...and SolrIndexSearcher recognised that teh score contributions from the
range query and the XXX TermQuery weren't going to contribute to the
score, so it pulled the DocSets for them explicitly, and replaced their
spots in the orriginal query with ConstantScoreQueries containing their
DocSets ... that way they could be cached independently and reused.

Just checking my understanding here.

Right now, if I have ranges that I don't want to affect the score, but I would like to have cached, I should use Filter Queries, right? (SolrParams.FQ)

Thanks,

Tom