On 2/21/07, Jack L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks to the others that clarified.  I run my indexers in
> parallel... but a single instance of Solr (which in turn handles
> requests in parallel as well).

Do you feel if multi-threaded posting is helpful?
I suppose when solr does indexing, it's bound more
on solr indexer than the poster?

It certainly is bound more on solr than the poster, but I've found
multithreading beneficial as it removes whatever latency factors might
exist--http connections, xml parsing, i/o, the poster, etc.  For us,
concurrent analysis was less of a gain, but then again our analysis is
relatively light.

-Mike