I could create a list of field name + type, but doing so I might as well
create it and add it to fields in schema.xml.
Does solr reread the schema file when I post an add action or only on starup
(or someother point)?

In general, I wonder if adding the suffix for dynamic fields is not posing
some usability tradeoff.
I think, For a user (not a programmer) it's not intuitive to think of id as
an integer and therefore enter id_i when searching,
what do you think?