On Mar 9, 2007, at 6:46 AM, rubdabadub wrote:
On 3/9/07, Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We use jetty on a few applications with no problem.  I recommend it
unless and until you outgrow it (but I doubt you will).   Resin, in
my past experience with it, is fantastic.  But no need to even go
there until you outgrow Jetty I don't think.  lucenebook.com, for
example, is entirely driven by Jetty.

Is it the collex/nine where you have more then 4 mill docs you are
using jetty?

No.... at NINES - http://www.nines.org/collx - we have just over 60k documents currently (see the number in the footer). The index of the UVa library (3.7M records) is not currently deployed other than on my laptop.

The number of documents shouldn't matter as far as what app server you use. Though I'm not really sure what the variables would be in determining which app. server is best with Solr. I don't think you'll go wrong with Jetty, Tomcat, or Resin - all will respond from Solr quite rapidly provided you take care of the core Solr caching concerns and set the JVM properties with enough heap and such to operate smoothly.

have a lot of docs i.e. 20 mil and it has bunch of fields i.e 25 per
doc this is why i worry..
but i dont think my qps will as high as I hoped so jetty should be just fine.

Testing is the best way to find out, and its fairly easy to switch app. servers and re-test. Again, I'd be surprised if the choice of app. server has much relation to performance in your case.

        Erik