From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 1:44 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: C# API for Solr

Well, i think there will be a lot of people who will be very happy with
this C# client.

grts,m

"Jeff Rodenburg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
31/03/2007 18:00
Please respond to
solr-user@lucene.apache.org

solr-user@lucene.apache.org
cc

Subject
C# API for Solr

We built our first search system architecture around Lucene.Net back in
2005
and continued to make modifications through 2006.  We quickly learned that
search management is so much more than query algorithms and indexing
choices.  We were not readily prepared for the operational overhead that
our
Lucene-based search required: always-on availability, fast response times,
batch and real-time updates, etc.

Fast forward to 2007.  Our front-end is Microsoft-based, but we needed to
support parallel development on non-Microsoft architecture, and thus
needed
a cross-platform search system.  Hello Solr!  We've transitioned our
search
system to Solr with a Linux/Tomcat back-end, and it's been a champ.  We
now
use solr not only for standard keyword search, but also to drive queries
for
lots of different content sections on our site.  Solr has moved beyond
mission critical in our operation.

As we've proceeded, we've built out a nice C# client library to abstract
the
interaction from C# to Solr.  It's mostly generic and designed for

extensibilty.  With a few modifications, this could be a stand-alone
library
that works for others.

I have clearance from the organization to contribute our library to the
community if there's interest.  I'd first like to gauge the interest of
everyone before doing so; please reply if you do.

cheers,
jeff r.