Ryan,

Do you have any of this code you could share?  I am currently using
Solr to perform thousands of queries in a batch, and eliminating the
HTTP overhead is something I'd love to do if it isn't complicated.  We
need several of the extra features Solr provides, which is why we are
trying to use it instead of Lucene directly.