Ryan McKinley wrote:

Off topic a bit, Has anyone set forth to build a new admin interface for
SOLR?  I build a lot of admin interfaces for my day job and would love
to give the admin module a bit of a tune-up (I won't use the term overhaul).

i think we definitely need an updated admin interface, yes!

Ideally, we could get rid of all the JSP and do everything with
requestHandlers + XSLT.  Then everything could work with only a JRE -
it would not require a JDK and all the jsp jars.  AND this would let
other clients have access to the same info with JSON/xml etc

check:

This puts a lot of the functionality as handlers, but still needs an
XSLT front end
Yes, Erik Hatcher showed this off a bit at a conference I was at in February. I was thinking about building off of these xml files. I do quite a bit with XSLT in my day job, so I would love to play around with it. I think this is something that is desperately needed in SOLR, I know it would make my life a lot easier :)

I will take a stab at some of this soon ...

Andrew