On 4/18/07, Doss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am new to solr(and 0 in lucene), my doubt is how can i protect  words with special
characters from tokenizing, sat for example A+, A1+ etc. because when i searched for
"group A" i am getting results with A+ aswell as A1+ and so on, is there any
special way to index these type of words?

You need to change your analyzer to recognize "A+", "A1+" as tokens.
Normally, special characters like + would not be recognized as parts
of words.

I you have a small number of special terms, you could add some code to
your existing analyzer to recognize it (WordDelimiterFilter if you are
using the standard text field in the Solr example).  If it is
complicated, you should look into creating your own analyzer.

-Mike