: > i don't know that this is really dding a feature ... it's changing syntax.
: > "foo:*bar" has meaning by default in the query parser ... it's meaning may
: > typically result in a query that doesn't match anything,
:
: I think it's adding syntax, not changing it.
: Right now, you get an exception for foo:*bar
: So if we allowed it by default, I would call that 100% backward compatible.

Ah ... this is where my poor knowledge of wildcards comes in ... i thought
it treated * as a litteral, yeah i see your point now ... i retract that
objection, but reserve the right to stand behind the "let's not make it
easy to crash the box by default" objection.  :)

-Hoss