On 4/26/07, Michael Kimsal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My colleague, after some digging, found in SolrQueryParser

(around line 62)
setLowercaseExpandedTerms(false);

The default for Lucene is true.  Was this intentional?  Or an oversight?

Waaaaaaaaay back before Solr was opensourced, and Chris was the only
"user", I thought he needed to do prefix queries where case sensitive
wildcard queries (hence I set it to false).  I think I may have been
mistaken about that need, but by that time, I didn't know if anyone
depended on it, so I never changed it back.

A default of false is actually more powerful too.  You can do prefix
queries on fields that have a LowercaseFilter in their analyzer, and
also fields that don't.  If it's set to true, you can't reliably do
prefix queries on fields that don't have a LowercaseFilter.

-Yonik