Hello,

I'm interested in FederatedSearch on wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FederatedSearch

I would like to understand the design concept of this article properly,
and I have some questions:

1. What does "multi-step" mean?
e.g.
Nice to haves:
Retain ability to have complex *multi-step* query handler plugins

Complex Federation
total consistency for *multi-step* requests
total consistency for any global idf calculations (a *multi-step* process)

2. It seems that "consistency" is one of key concept in Complex Federation,
but I don't really understand it. In other words, I don't understand
what inconvenience we will face if the request handler doesn't guarantee
that the view of the index does not change during a single request.
Does it mean that the merger's request handler needs two or more RPCs
to respective subsearchers for a single request?

3. Will SolrMultiSearcher have caches? (filter, queryResult, and document)

Thanks in advance,

Koji