Yonik,

Thanks for  your fast reply.

> No, not currently.  Start your implementation with just a single
> index... unless it is very large, it will likely be fast enough.

My index will get quite large

> Solr also handles all the concurrency issues, and you should never hit
> "lock access timeout" when updating from multiple threads.

Does solr provide any additional concurrency control over what Lucene
provides?  In my simple testing of indexing 2,000 messages, solr would issue
lock access timeouts with as little as 10 threads.   Running all 2,000
messages through sequentially yields no problems at all.   Actually, I'm
able churn through over 100,000 messages when no threads are involved.  Am I
missing some concurrency settings?

Thanks,
Joe