On 5/10/07, Will Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I guess I was more concerned with doing the frequent commits and how
that would affect the caches.  Say I have 2M docs in my main index but I
want to add docs every 2 seconds all while doing queries.  if I do
commits every 2 seconds I basically loose any caching advantage and my
faceting performance goes down the tube.  If however, I were to add
things to a smaller index and then roll it into the larger one every ~30
minutes then I only take the hit on computing the larger filters caches
on that interval.  Further, if my smaller index were based on a
RAMDirectory instead of a FSDirectory I assume computing the filter sets
for the smaller index should be fast enough even every 2 seconds.

There isn't currently any support for incrementally updating filters.

-Yonik