I am trying to override the tokenized attribute of a single FieldType from
the field attribute in schema.xml, but it doesn't seem to work

The "tokenized" attribute is not settable from the schema, and there
is no reason I can think of why this would be useful rather than
confusing.

"untokenized" means don't use the analyzer.   If you don't want an
analyzer, then use the "string" type.

PS: Yes, I know I could use solr.StrField for those fields

Could you provide a use-case why you don't want to use StrField
(normally type "string" in the schema)?  What is the external behavior
you are looking for?

-Yonik