Hi Chris,

No.  I set up a separate file, same as the wiki.

It's either a tomcat version issue or a difference between how tomcat on
my Win laptop is configured vs. the configuration on our tomcat Unix
machine.

I intend to run multiple instances of solr in production and wanted to
use the context fragments.

I have 3 test instances of solr running now (with 3 context files) and
found that whatever you set the path attribute to becomes the name of
the deployed web app (it doesn't have to match the name of the context
file, but cleaner to keep the names the same).

Here is what I found on the Apache site about this:
        "The context path of this web application, which is matched
against
        the beginning of each request URI to select the appropriate web
application for processing. All of the context paths within a
particular Host must be unique. If you specify a context path of an
empty string (""), you are defining the default web application for
this Host, which will process all requests not assigned to other
Contexts."

~Mike